Quality Policy Statement
The management and staff of Boiler and Energy Inspection Services cc, support and are committed to adhere to the concepts, requirements, implementation and maintenance of our Quality Management System based on ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and SANS10227:2012 & ISO 9001:2000.
Boiler and Energy Inspection Services
Quality statement is designed to provide as a minimum, a quality of service which shall meet all code and client requirements pertaining to the manufacture, repair, modification and certification of pressurized systems / vessels under pressure, pressure equipment regulation as stipulated at time of tender and in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and SANS 10227;2012 Code of Practice & ISO 9001:2000 as well as OHS Act & Minerals Act.
Boiler and Energy Inspection Services cc was originally established in August 2005 to provide Third Party Inspection Services to the South African and Africa Industry.
The aim of the company was to employ and surround itself with the necessary specialized expertise required to effectively and efficiently, supply the required service to industry. This has been achieved, resulting in combined experience in excess of twenty years.
The objective set at that time was to ensure that the proposed company objective can work to the satisfaction of its customer base, thus a period of practical infield experience was going to be required, regardless of experience already gained, before actual projects will be assigned.
This period was also going to be necessary to ensure that the requirements of regulations for vessels under pressure now pressure equipment regulation; SANS 347 and SANS 10227;2012 will be fully entrenched in the company.
This has taken some time, resulting in the company now in 2006, being recognized accredited by SANAS and approved by the Department of Labour, as a “Government – Approved Inspection Authority” in accordance with OHS Act & Regulations 85 of 1993 for vessels under pressure amended to pressure equipment regulation:2009.
Government – Approved Inspection Authority as per Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations – 85 of 1993 – Vessels Under Pressure Regulations (Copy attached)
Pressure Equipment Regulation:2009.
Quality Management System based on ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and SANS 10227:2012. The evaluation of the technical competence of inspection authorities for the certification, recertification and modification or repair of vessels under pressure.
SANAS recognition and accreditation in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020:2012 – SANS 10227;2012.
Quality Management System based on ISO 9001:2000.
Expertise in certification, recertification and modification or repair of vessels under pressure.
Expertise in Third Party Inspection Activities.
In depth knowledge of various design / manufacture codes and standards.
Expertise in weld procedures, weld procedure qualifications and welder qualifications.
Independent Certification in terms of, BBBEE CODES OF GOOD PRACTICE. See attached, BEE – SEESA Certificate.
Our Service Matrix is based on addressing the requirements of legislation, regulatory, code, specification, standards and customer requirements.
- Government Approved Inspection Authority activities.
- OHS Act 85 of 1993 Vessels Under Pressure Regulation.
- Revised Pressure Equipment Regulation: 2009.
- Third Party Inspection activities on: - New fabrication, Repair and Modification of vessels under pressure system.
- Inspection / testing and route of boiler / pressure vessels.
- Consultation on weld procedures and welder qualification.
- Approval of weld procedures and welder qualification.
- Design Verification and review approval.
- Project management on inspection activities.
- Drafting and Implementation of ISO 9001.
- Perform non-destructive examinations.
- Failure investigations.
- Recertification activities of vessels under pressure.
- Competent Person activities.
Qualification / Experience Levels
The qualification level required for staff of Boiler & Energy Inspection Services cc, is clearly defined in SANS 10227:2012. We are immensely proud in that combined we are well experienced and qualified: -
- Higher National Diploma – Engineering: Mechanical.
- UNISA – Advanced Executive Program.
- Numerous Managerial Certifications.
- Six Sigma, Safety, High Performance Organization & Auditing concepts.
- SAQCC – IPE Qualified / Certified Inspectors.
- ASME – National Board– Div. I & Div. VIII – Pressurized Equipment.
- SAIW - SAQCC – Welding Fabrication Inspectors.
- SAIW - ASNT – Level I & II; Dye Penetrant Testing, Magnetic Partial Testing, Radiographic Interpretation and Ultrasonic Testing.
- SAIW – Weld Procedure Specification, Procedure Qualification Records and Welder Qualification Records.
- SAIW – Heat Treatment and Stress Relieving.
- ISO 9001:2000 – Implementation and Maintenance.
- Qualified Journeymen.
- Combined years of experience – 50 years, of which most is in Vessels Under Pressure.
Method of Working
Since we operate as a Government – Approved Inspection Authority, with a Quality Management System based on ISO/IEC 17020:2012 and SANS 10227:2012 Code of Practice, we operate under relative stringent procedures.
- Receive customer requirements, preferably in writing.
- Complete information on customer, do a cost estimate.
- Determine total scope of work required.
- Officially quote customer, based on scope of work required.
- Customer completes quote acceptance form.
- Customer gives order.
- As a minimum the eighteen elements of an SAQCC – IPE Inspector then apply.
Benefits to our Customer
We strongly believe in customer satisfaction, without our customer we are nothing.
- Well established tried, tested and trusted partnership within BEIS.
- Well established tried, tested and trusted partnership with customers.
- Service provider with strong backing.
- Good understanding of customer needs.
- Good understanding of codes and specifications.
- Accurate, honest and timely service delivery.
- Quality of service and competitive prices.
- Policy of “value add” when dealing with customers.
- Full technical coverage for vessel under pressure.
- Technical competent personnel.
- Regulatory approved.
- Results driven.
- Continuous improvement high on daily task list.
- High Performance Organization attitude and drive.